mattandkelly

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Jana



My little girl is teaching herself to read and write. I am so proud of her. She has so much moxie! Academic decathlons here she comes! She asked me how to spell house. I said, "Hehani, circle, valley, snake, Efrain." She decoded what I said and wrote the word, "house". Genius.




...then she asked me how to spell "toy". I said, "Tyler, circle, slingshot".





She got it perfectly right on her first try.

I... on the other hand, was so excited about taking a picture of the white board, that I set a bag of brown sugar down on a hot burner. I picked it up right away, but the plastic had already melted so all the sugar fell onto the burner.




Then Matt came storming into the kitchen and yelled, "Clear out!" It startled me and I bumbled the camera. It flung out of my hands and fell on Matt's head. Then it flew across the room.

Jana has 18 months until she is old enough for Kindergarten, but she says she feels like a second grader.

Michael wants to trade Jana for Allie so Allie can be his sister and Jana can be his cousin. He said, "Allie will be my twin except she will have more pimples.... I mean freckles."

Oh by the way, Jana got an owie on her face because she was roughhousing. She insisted on a bandaid,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home