mattandkelly

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Ghetto Gym

Wow, my camera phone is really terrible.

The kids didn't have school today (or yesterday) because of extremely cold weather. So Michael was with me when I took Jana to her acting class today. Jana's acting class is 2 hours long so Michael and I went to Northside gym to kill time. First of all I would never normally take a kid to the gym, it is totally against gym etiquette. But Northside happens to be the only gym in town that allows kids on the equipment so I thought we could give it a try.

The crowd at Northside is mainly gang bangers and "special-needs" people. The special-needs people are fine, but the thugs are super annoying. Fortunately, even scroungy convicts know better than to cat-call a lady in front of her son.

Michael rocked it at the gym. He tried out the elliptical machine, the stair stepper, and some free weights, but he really loves to run so he spent most of his time on the treadmill and the jogging track. He was all happy when a bunch of tattooed Hispanic guys were watching him on the treadmill and cheering him on. I thought he looked cute with his earbuds and the treadmill at like a 40 degree incline.

I happened to fall off the treadmill today (not paying attention) which was really awesome because it gave everyone in the gym something to laugh about for the next 20 minutes. :D

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home