mattandkelly

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Waterfall Trail with Kristina!

Look at these adorable flowers! Kristina and I hiked the Waterfall Trail and then the North Eltuck Cove. Am I remembering that correctly Kristina? She found the most adorable miniature grasshopper. I could barely see it! I tried to take a close up picture (below), but I couldn't.




 I thought this one looked a little bit like a tiny peony.




 A cove off Horsetooth Reservior. North Eltuck?









 We wanted to know what kind of birds these were that were making such an interesting whistling noise. Black/grey with white belly/chest and chin. There was a pair. We also saw some at her house tonight. Same kind.

I love to be in nature with Kristina because of her joy and sense of wonder. I don't know too many people (other than myself) that can be found gasping in amazement over a small wildflower. She loves to discover, experience, enjoy, share, and appreciate life. She makes me a better person! Xoxo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home